Save 10% on any CinemaPlugins.com purchase. Read more
Version 2.20 Released
New, faster DEM Server + bug fixes and download performance improvements.
Ive been busy uploading over 200GB of data to a new, much faster server.
this new server should at the very least half the download times for height data.
Dell PowerEdge T20 Xeon® E3-1225v3 (Quad-Core, 4 x 3,6 GHz) ,32 GB DDR3, 2x 512 GB SSD
500 Mbit/s uplink
This is a dedicated server, and the first of 2 I am setting up to improve DEM earth perfomance.
If all goes well, I will add a dedicated US, East coast server with the same spec.
These servers will only be available to DEM Earth R2 users.
Thinking about bringing back the RAW Shader.
Q: Whats the RAW shader?
A: RAW is a Cinema4D channel shader that reads data directly from disc, rather than precaching it in memory.
1 . Openstreetmap file import, which lets you import and an OSM file, as an alternative to downloading. This is not as fast, and can not work with as many nodes/ways as the full fledged OSM importer, but its a very useful, additional way to easily get OSM data onto DEM Earth.
2. Added a filtering mechanism for the extruder object. This provides new ways to group buildings. The choices are as follows.
- Random (as it is now and the default mode)
- Points (sort by how many points a building outline has)
- Type (the osm building type)
4. The DEM Slice object. A 2D slice of a 3D height contour. (see mikes vids)
5. Better roof tops for the Extruder, and some support tools , such as drawing outlines yourself, and specifically setting heights and type,etc.
6. Custom outline, for DEM earth. Making it possible for example, to use the outline of a county or town, as your DEM Earth object.
7. I’m also working on a new plot extractor, which generates building plots from roads, and will give you a way to generate fake building blocks in areas where the road mapping exists, but there are no real building outlines.
8. RoadGen (automated road contours from, OSM )
Includes a new feature which makes it much easier to link and align Read more
Check out mikes new DEM Earth 2 render.Here he makes great use of the new group and selection features in the Smart Extruder.
This is a nice attempt at a different look with DEM Earth 2. No sat imagery used. Still looks good.
DEM Earth 2 can use real height data from the OpenStreetmap database to extrude buildings to to their correct, real world relative height.